Our client is a multinational player with a proven track record in the New Zealand energy sector. With a good reputation and on going work, this upstream company is now looking for an intermediate level Drilling Engineer to join their Taranaki based team.
This mainly office based role will have you:
- Assisting in planning drilling/completion programs
- Liaison with others to ensure well objectives are defined and met
- Ensure the company’s Well Engineering Management System is used and kept up to date
- Provide support to operational personnel on technical aspects of drilling programs
- Track and control drilling related costs
- Investigate and report on new technology
- Support ongoing Well Intervention ans Workovers
There’s more of course, but you get the idea and if you are an experienced Drilling Engineer, you’ll know what that is.
As our new Drilling Engineer, you will:
- Be Degree or Masters qualified in Petroleum Engineering (or equivalent)
- Have 5 to 8 years Drilling Engineering experience
- Have experience using IDS, Landmark & PETREL software
- Have experience in well interventions and workover activities (including rig-less coiled tubing interventions on horizontal wells
- Preferably have a knowledge of Hydraulic Workover units
- Hold current IWCF recognised certification in well control (Supervisor level – offshore, subsurface)
You will enjoy a challenge, continual learning and being part of a small, fun loving team.
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate that will reflect your skills and abilities.
If the idea of of living with the ocean on your front door step and a mountain on the back appeals to you, if you are a Drilling Engineer who can tick all the boxes, let’s talk.
To apply for this position please click on the appropriate button below or for a confidential discussion, please contact Daniel Hopkins on 0800 171 000 within New Zealand or +64 4 472 6558 internationally or email at: email@example.com
Please note: If this role is not quite right for you, please feel free to contact us to discuss your next career move.