OMV New Zealand Limited is part of the internationally recognised OMV group, a well-known and respected player in the Energy sector. With offices in many locations and a workforce of around 22,500 employees world-wide, they are involved in producing and marketing oil & gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions – in a responsible way.
OMV New Zealand is entering a period of growth and as part of this we are looking for a Lead MaintenanceEngineer to join their Taranaki based team.
This is an initial 2 year fixed term contract, a ‘local’ position, rather than an expat or FIFO role.
Based in New Plymouth, this shore based role will have you:
- Being our Technical Authority for Integrity and Maintenance matters
- Providing advice and assistance in repair methods, etc.
- Managing and ensuring the CMMS system is kept up to date
- Monitoring all maintenance activities carried out by contractors
- Operate as our Team Lead for inspection and verification schemes, etc.
- Help set and manage the annual maintenance program and budget
As our new Lead Maintenance Engineer, you will:
- Be Degree or Masters qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Have at least 12 years experience and an extensive knowledge of Maintenance strategies, policies, methods and procedures, Maintenance diagnostics techniques, Corrosion management, maritime design and construction principles, etc.
- Be versatile and have experience across all areas of plant and equipment maintenance associated with topside and subsea assets
- Have proven experience with FPSO, subsea and ‘christmas tree’, structures, maintenance and operational requirements.
- Be a problem solver, able to think outside the box.
- Have excellent written and verbal English abilities
You will be the interface with contractors and operators so will need patience and at times, to be ‘hard nosed’, you will be a relationship builder, someone able to get people coming to you with issues and problems – and solutions.
This is a shore based role, but some time would be spent offshore, so you will have BOSIET and UKOG accreditation.
For our new Lead Maintenance Engineer, a competitive remuneration package will be negotiated reflecting your skills and experience.
You’ll get the chance to join a friendly, dedicated and fun loving team, helping to make as difference to the operations, integrity and safety if these assets.
If this job sounds like you, contact us today.
As recruitment partners to OMV, Technical Recruitment Solutions have a wealth of experience in the oil & gas sector and are available to talk to you about this position at any time. For further information or to apply for this role, please contact Daniel Hopkins on 0800 171 000 if calling from New Zealand, +64 4 472 6558 if calling internationally or email firstname.lastname@example.org