Our client is a leading steel manufacturer and distributor with sites across New Zealand. They are looking for a Millwright to join their Auckland, East Tamaki branch on a day shift.
As part of the Maintenance team, the Millwright will focus on providing safe proactive support to all site processes by optimising plant and equipment performance for quality production, demonstrating high levels of responsibility, ownership, workmanship and communication. The Millwright will maintain plant machinery and equipment in 24/7 production line. You will be responsible for fault finding, diagnosis, repair and preventative maintenance, as well as assisting with planned shut downs and call outs. Your usual working hours are Monday – Friday.
Full EWRB registration and practice license will be required to perform electrical work. Our client will provide full assistance to the successful candidate in obtaining this if the candidate was qualified overseas.
To be suitable for this position you will need the following skills:
- Trade/Tertiary qualified in BOTH mechanical and electrical trade
- Experienced with Fast moving, highly automated production
- Experience from a heavy industrial/ mining/ metal production background would be ideal
- Excellent skills as an all-rounder
- Willingness to learn and turn your hand to any task
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Physically fit
- Ability to use SCADA/HMI system to recognise a fault via automated systems will be an advantage
- Able to work unsupervised
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to join a well-established and specialist team in a great location with a competitive hourly rate. This is the perfect opportunity for a maintenance fitter with some good experience in the manufacturing industry.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet enquiry contact Darren Chan on 09 529 9454 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements or visit our website www.trs.co.nz for other vacancies.