Our client is a respected player in the Oil & Gas sector in New Zealand, with a reputation for having one of the safest facilities in the Asia Pacific region. With staff movement, a position has become available for an Occupational Hygienist to join the HSE team in Northland.
Our new Occupational Hygienist will:
- Identify and recommend compliance standards to meet legal requirements and industry best practice
- Generate and maintain monitoring plans as required
- Manage the Occupational Health & Hygiene systems
- Undertake workplace surveys and evaluations, etc.
- Analyse and resolve specific problems and issues
- Liaise with others in the HSE team, the company doctor, nurse, etc., to ensure the provision of an integrated service is available
- Develop and deliver Health & hygiene training material and information
As our new Occupational Hygienist, you will:
- Hold a tertiary qualification in Occupational Hygiene
- Have at least 2 years experience, preferably in a heavy industrial area
- Have a passion for your work and ‘safety first’ attitude
- Be a people person, capable of developing relationships and ‘getting people on the same page’
- Have a good understanding of Occupational hygiene regulations and requirements
- Have experience in NZ Radiation Safety laws
This is a role that will require patience and at the same time, a ‘hard nosed’ attitude, the ability to build relationships with those on site and suppliers of services (both contractors and training providers) and over all a positive, safety first focus.
On offer is a competitive remuneration package and the chance to join a company with a great safety record and the desire to keep and extend this further.
So, if you can can ‘tick the boxes’ and are interested in using your skills to make a difference, whilst continuing to learn, we should talk!
To apply for this position, click on the appropriate button below or for a confidential and discreet inquiry, contact Daniel Hopkins on 0800 171 000 from within New Zealand, +64 4 472 6558 internationally or email at email@example.com
Please note: If this position is not quite right for you, please do contact us to discuss your next career move.