- Senior position with career development opportunities
- Successful multinational company
- Lead the manufacture of innovative products for global markets
Danone-Nutricia is a multi-nationally backed manufacturer of high quality Infant Formula products for both the domestic and international markets. With significant opportunities for improvement within the current manufacturing plant and sales forecast to grow exponentially over the next few years, we are seeking an experienced Production Manager to help guide our production team through this period of growth. This position is based on, and will oversee the production for Danone-Nutricia’s world class nutritional spray drying powder and AMF plants in Balclutha, South Otago.
Reporting to the Site Manager and as part of the site’s operational leadership team you, the incumbent, will be primarily responsible for managing the site’s multi shift production operation. You will also be a key driver in the ongoing performance improvement of the plant and contribute to the strategic direction of the site.
You will be technically strong but just as importantly you will be a ‘go-getter’ – someone who can think strategically and bring in new ideas and methodologies to drive the business forward. While previous experience in dairy powder manufacture will be preferred, Food, Dairy or Pharmaceutical experience particularly in a high compliance level environment will also see you as a strong candidate. As the successful candidate for this role, you MUST possess the following attributes and skills:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in, technology, engineering, science or dairy
- Minimum of 10 years previous manufacturing experience, preferably in the food/dairy or pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 5 years previous management experience
- Strong leadership, communication and organisational qualities
- Experience and knowledge with industry compliance requirements, especially safety, quality and environmental standards
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines
- Lean Manufacturing experience
This is an excellent opportunity to lead and develop a team within a sought-after organisation with excellent potential for progression.
For a confidential enquiry or to apply for this position please click on the APPLY button, alternatively contact Tony De Barr on 0800 171 000, email email@example.com .
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.