We are looking for a Production Supervisor in Auckland. Based in the glass manufacturing division of a large aluminium/ window and door company in Mt Wellington, Auckland, you will be the right-hand man/ woman to the Operations Manager to plan, organise, lead and direct all resources for the afternoon shift between 1.30pm and 10.00pm.
You will have 2-3 direct reports and be responsible for the supervision of the afternoon production teams (15-18) to ensure that jobs are being completed on time and to the highest quality.
This role will ideally suit someone from a manufacturing or similar background (glass or building materials will be a bonus) with team leading or management experience at the operational level. While there are strategic elements, your supervisory and people’s skills will be the key to success in this role.
The successful candidate should be skilled and experienced in the following area,
- Production management (continuous improvement and ensuring of quality, productivity and efficiency)
- Lean manufacturing and ERP systems
- Staff supervision, training and development
- Overseeing and coordinating plant and equipment maintenance
- Driving a health and safety conscious culture and ensuring compliance is met
- Spoken and written communication skills (reports writing, conducting staff meetings, etc.)
This is a great opportunity to join one of the leaders in the industry. Our client operates in multiple buildings along a side street in the heart of Mt Wellington. There will be plenty of training offered and opportunities to grow internally.
For a confidential enquiry or to apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively contact Darren Chan on 0800 171 000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.