Our client is a multinational consultancy with many years experience working in the New Zealand civil sector. This company has skilled and dedicated teams working in the water and waste sectors, as well as other infrastructure areas and we have been asked to help them find a Senior Ecologist to join their Auckland team.
In this role, you would be responsible for:
- Providing ecological input to projects and designs
- Liaising with clients, regulators and other interested parties.
- Being the go-to person for others in the company and the company ‘face’ in talking to others
- Writing reports and proposals and being involved in RMA applications
- Carrying out field studies, both terrestrial and fresh water as required
You’ll work with sub contractors, clients and regulators to ensure everyone achieves what they set out to and to help safeguard New Zealand ecological assets.
Our new Senior Ecologist will be:
- Tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline
- Preferably be CEnvP registered or similar
- Have at least 10 years work experience with at least 5 gained in New Zealand
- Experienced in carrying out field studies
- Experienced in dealing and working with regulatory agencies
- Able to showexcellent written and verbal communications skills and experience in dealing with clients
- Experienced in leading and mentoring others
You will be our ‘subject matter expert’ and be used to working with multi-discipline teams, speaking as an expert witness, etc. Field studies and visits will be required, so the ability to travel – sometimes at short notice, is a must.
In general, you will be an experienced Ecologist, with the desire to be part of a large multi-discipline team, working on some interesting projects throughout New Zealand.
So, if you can tick the boxes and you are looking for new challenges, this role will be worth a look.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, or alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Daniel Hopkins on 0800 171 000 if calling from New Zealand, +64 4 472 6558 if calling internationally or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact us in confidence to discuss your individual requirements