BRANZ is an independent and impartial research, testing and consulting organisation focused inspiring the building and construction industry to provide better buildings for New Zealanders.
At their heart is a commitment to investing in and delivering insightful research. But their work doesn’t stop there! The BRANZ team work hard to ensure that research can be turned into knowledge that the industry can access and use to solve problems, reduce costs and improve the quality of buildings.
In short, they are here to help build a better New Zealand and the world beyond.
Due to the organisation’s continued growth, a vacancy has become available for a Senior Structural Research Engineer to join the Better Buildings Research Team.
In this role you will undertake research and knowledge dissemination in the area of structural engineering by:
- Generating, testing and developing research ideas with stakeholders
- Contributing to integrating proposals into BRANZ ‘programme of work’
- Establish and lead teams designing and undertaking research programmes
- Find and disseminate structural knowledge and research benefits
You will liaise with all, to provide answers to questions, set up research and generally ‘spread the word’.
Our new Senior Structural Research Engineer will be someone who:
- Is Masters or PhD qualified in Structural Engineering, including Seismic Engineering, from a recognised institution
- Is able to show 10 years plus experience in Structural Research (theoretical and experimental)
- Can show proven experience in Seismic engineering
- Is driven and a self-starter
- Can lead teams of like-minded engineers
- Is a strategic thinker, always looking at what’s coming up
- And who is someone who can establish good working relationships with industry, local and Central Government departments, material suppliers and others in the industry.
To support your work, BRANZ has well-equipped laboratories and offer a great opportunity to join a vibrant and dynamic organisation, at a critical time for the building and construction industry.
Here’s your chance to make a difference and to influence the New Zealand building of tomorrow. Is it he job for you?
To apply for this position, please click on the APPLY button, alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Daniel Hopkins on 0800 171 000 within New Zealand, +64 4 472 6658 Internationally or email firstname.lastname@example.org