LEAD FROM THE FRONT
This is a golden opportunity for a skilled tradesmen to move into a stainless steel specialist role within a large and stable organisation in Palmerston North. Don’t let the title fool you, this is still predominantly a hands-on role requiring a high level of quality and craftsmanship.
This well established company has moved into new niche markets. “Team stainless” has built a healthy portfolio of commercial and industrial clients, offering custom made kitchen tops & range hoods, pressure vessels, heat exchange units and other one-off projects.
This key position will report to the production foreman and will have up to 14 direct reports. Day to day tasks will include:
- Read technical drawings and plan production schedules
- Operate CNC turret punching, cutting and brake press machines
- TIG welding
- Checking quality of completed works and address faults
- Lead Health and Safety
- Organize documentation and reporting
On top being a highly skilled tradesmen, all applicants will need to have proven leadership ability and experience.
- Hold a current NZ welding ticket / qualification
- Proven experience in CNC operation
- Strong eye for detail and quality
- Work to tight tolerances
- In good health and drug free
- The right to work in NZ
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
To apply or express interest, apply directly to this advert and we will make contact as soon as possible. Candidates must be available for face-to-face interviews in Palmerston North but initial Skype / phone screens can be conducted.
Applicants maybe asked to preform a work sample and pre-employment drug screening.