Wellington Based – Large operational facilities across NZ – Blend of Asset and Engineering Management
One of New Zealand’s larger energy storage companies is looking for an Asset Manager to further strengthen their team. Their business is centered in the operation, maintenance, and development of a portfolio of energy storage and distribution terminals across the country.
This is a newly created role and one of the better senior Asset roles, I’ve seen for a while. It’s a great opportunity for an experienced engineer to guide the company with sound direction, in improving their life cycle management strategies for all their utilities and structures etc. this also includes ensuring that the engineering standards are maintained across all the company’s sites throughout New Zealand, while meeting all contractual, statutory, and regulatory obligations.
Therefore, we’re after a senior and highly experienced professional, who knows asset management (preferably within the energy industry but not critical) and can effectively develop and manage key relationships both internal and external. You’ll have a proven history in operating within a large-scale heavy industrial plant and be no stranger to the requirements, such an environment brings in terms of operation and health & safety, to provide maximum value to their customers without compromising safety and efficiency.
- Develop long-term asset management plans to ensure safe and compliant operation of the company assets
- Lead the delivery of asset management and major maintenance programme through sound programme/project management disciplines
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key external stakeholders and industry contacts
- Ensure the company H&S policy is applied consistently to all aspects of asset management
- Oversee the company’s site maintenance and engineering work flow and processes
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Chartered Engineer Tertiary Qualification in an Engineering discipline
- Proven experience in a large-scale senior engineering role
- Experience in portfolio/programme management
- Contract specification, negotiation, and management skills
Being that this is a newly expanded role, we’re after someone exceptional who is up to the task. You’ll be a proven leader, strategically minded, and have a strong commercial acumen. In return, you’ll receive a generous remuneration package, and a role with one of NZ’s biggest Oil & Gas logistics companies.
Technical Recruitment Solution has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact John Kiriakidis on 0800 171 000 if calling from New Zealand, +64 4 472 6558 if calling internationally or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your