This company designs, manufactures, and delivers specialist industrial machinery and equipment to the Food & Dairy sectors. The company are continuing to grow and in addition to this South Brisbane office, they do also have multiple locations across New Zealand.
Customised Products & Innovation: This company have an extensive product range that has been built up and tried and tested over many years. They are engaged in new product innovation too.
We are seeking experienced Automation Engineers for this permanent full time position. You will design, specify, program, and commission industrial control systems for multimillion-dollar product handling, Freezing, and Chilling projects. The bulk of the projects are in Australia, and some projects are international.
You will be responsible for taking a project all the way through from an automation perspective. It will include initial designs, writing the software for PLC, HMI, SCADA, and Drives integration, and any custom project needs. You will commission the project on a customer site and provide on-going support. It is likely you will do 2 to 3 large projects a year.
Multidisciplinary Teams: You will become an integral part of an Automation & Electrical Engineering team and also work closely with teams in Sales, Projects, Mechanical Design, Operations, to bring these projects from concept to completion, delivering efficient and quality solutions. You will manage your own projects as far as the automation component goes.
Travel for Commissioning: Travel will be required to visit customers and commission site installations. To apply you need to be ok with doing 2, and max 3 large projects a year bearing in mind that the commissioning phase for these projects is typically 4 to 6 weeks. However where possible, the company will split and rotate the team doing commissioning. For example, Team A will do 2 or 3 weeks on site and will then come home, replaced by Team B for a similar 2 to 3 week stint to complete the job.
Industrial Automation Project Engineering including:
- Prepare scope and budget for electrical and controls projects
- Produce switchboard and Motor Control Centre (MCC) designs
- Automation solutions: Design, Component Selection, Develop, and Test
- Control Systems Programming (PLC, HMI, SCADA, Drives)
- On-Site: Installation, Maintenance, Retrofitting, and Commissioning
- Production Troubleshooting and Analysis
- Creation of Automation Documentation e.g., user manuals and training
- On-going Product Support
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary Qualified in Engineering, in Electrical, Control Systems, Industrial Automation, Mechatronics OR be a Trade Qualified Electrician with relevant skills and experience as follows
- PLC Programming (Allen Bradley / Rockwell is essential) Siemens is relevant too
- Safety PLC/programmable relays experience – Allen Bradley, Sick Flexi Soft
- HMI & SCADA Design and Configuration (Rockwell FactoryTalk View is essential), WinCC and Ignition are relevant
- VSD & Servo Drive experience e.g., PowerFlex or SEW
- Have a firm understanding of relevant Australian standards (AS/NZS)
- Electrical switchgear experience
- Drafting experience – AutoCAD (essential)
- Proficient in using and fault-finding industrial network protocols – Ethernet, IO-Link, ASi
- Can troubleshoot electrical and control systems
- Microsoft Office Savvy
- Can write Project Documentation
From the Automation Engineers I have talked to, many are attracted to working for an OEM like this company. You will be able to take ownership of the company products, and delivering custom projects with these products, customising a solution for a customer and their particular site. Many Automation Engineers also like working with automated machinery, and that’s what you will do here. This role is a good blend between design work in the office and getting on site at project commissioning time, the best of both worlds.
With the increase of automation and robotics, this company have a solid pipeline of projects for the next two years and they are hiring to meet that market demand for their products.
So, in sum, this is an interesting job in this sector, with an established, still growing, and publicly listed company.
Note: Applicants for this position should be Citizens or Residents of Australia or New Zealand.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been a trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button, alternatively, for a confidential inquiry contact David Milmine by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (04 595 4102).
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz