– Industrial Control Systems Integrator
– Projects or Site Services Automation
– Hamilton Based
Our Hamilton based client is a well-established Industrial Automation Integration company with many existing, well-known, and reputable customers across New Zealand with a strong North Island customer base. Automation is an on-going and and increasing focus for manufacturing companies and this company are continuing to expand with this industry demand. They work on design projects and also provide site-based maintenance and upgrade services to large manufacturing plants across a variety of sectors.
This company have strong work flow, are continuing to grow, and need Automation Engineers for their Projects Team and their Services Team. There is also potential in the Projects Team to grow into a Team Lead role too. You will join a team of other Automation Engineers on industrial control systems projects, the Projects Team focus on larger scale projects whereas the Services Team focus on providing automation support to key client sites and still do upgrade projects. Your experience and preferences would determine which team could be right for you.
Typically, Automation Engineers in the Services Team are on-call 1 week in 8 or 10. During this time, you would get paid an extra $95 per day just for being on-call. If you work on-call you get a special hourly rate that is paid a minimum of an hour and a half for any work that you do even if it is only a 10-minute call.
To step into this role you will also need to have an existing strong skill set as an industrial automation engineer who can think as an engineer and look at the process and equipment to be automated, convert this process to a well thought out and well-structured code for PLC, HMI & SCADA systems.
Ideal skills and experience:
• Tertiary qualification in Automation, Software, Mechatronics, Electrical, Process Engineering (or similar)
• An engineering mindset – can understand and describe the process of automation
• A Programmer with PLC, SCADA, and HMI coding and configuration experience
• Need to be profficient with at least two major automation platforms i.e. Rockwell/Allen Bradley, Schneider, Siemens, Citect, GE, Omron
• Experience in industrial automation within a relevant sector: i.e. Dairy, Food & Beverage, Energy/Power, General Manufacturing, Transport, Water, or Pulp & Paper environments
• FAT, SAT, and Commissioning experience
• Good verbal and written communication
• Self-driven individual
This established and growing company work out of a modern office environment and are an ideal employer in this sector for technical specialists. The role will be well remunerated in line with your skills and experience within this market, with overtime, travel, an annual bonus, and health insurance too.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant Apply button, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact David Milmine by email (email@example.com) or phone (04 595 4102).
Note: If this job opportunity is not exactly what you are seeking but you believe you have industry experience in areas that Technical Recruitment Solution recruit for, do let us know what kind of role you are looking for in conjunction with your cv and other relevant factors in your job search as we have helped many people in this way, and you could be one of them.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz