- New Zealand-owned biotechnology company
- Senior strategic role
- Be a key contributor to the development of leading biotechnologies
Located in the pristine Central South Island region of New Zealand, South Pacific Sera is a leading edge biotechnology company manufacturing raw materials, intermediates as well as sterile finished products for veterinary and pharmaceutical use in New Zealand and around the world. As a producer and contract manufacturer, the company is highly agile with a wide range of products and customers. South Pacific Sera has a commitment to providing an excellent level of service, the highest quality product and embracing new technologies.
As part of the company’s success and subsequent growth, the strategic position of Chief Technical Officer has been created. Reporting to the Production Director, the key objectives of this role are to lead the research and development strategy, manage projects, lead the scale up and transfer of technology to manufacture, lead the team of research and development scientists and provide technical support to Production. Identifying and implementing new technologies that yield competitive advantage is also a key focus.
You, the Candidate:
Because of the seniority of this role and influence on the business, as a suited candidate you will have a PhD in a relevant biological field and significant post-doctoral experience in a commercial science or pharmaceutical sector. This experience will include a proven track record in guiding technologies and products through research & development, into operations and on to successful market launch. You will have a successful record in attaining grants, in managing multiple projects, and in positively influencing those around you (including your team) to meet financial and time milestones.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a PhD in a relevant discipline such as Biochemistry, Fermentation, Microbiology or equivalent
- Have 10+ years commercial R&D experience with the development of biological products
- Have knowledge of the principles of GLP, GCP and cGMP as applied to pharmaceutical development and manufacture
- Demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills
- Demonstrate proven relationship and communication skills, able to work effectively with customers, research providers and regulators
- Be highly analytical and an excellent problem solver
- Be a strong team player
In return, South Pacific Sera offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to be involved in leading edge innovation, and to work in a location that offers the best of work/life balance for you and your family, especially if you are an outdoors person.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is based in Timaru. You must be prepared to relocate to this region if you are successful in your application.
For a confidential enquiry or to apply for this position please click on the APPLY button or contact Tony De Barr on 04 916 0541, email firstname.lastname@example.org