This is a well-established and growing company who provide total engineering solutions from concept through to after sales service and support. Their ingenuity to provide proven custom designed equipment and services has kept the business rolling in. They specialise in design, project delivery, and servicing of Industrial Plant Equipment on large Manufacturing Plant sites. Their knowledge and experience have made them major players in specialist technical engineering solutions.
This Commercial Manager role is based in the Hawkes Bay within the Engineering Service Division of this company.
The Service Division has branches across New Zealand that are stable and have reliable management and trade staff.
You will report straight to the General Manager and have three Branch Managers reporting to you in this role. There are solid regional teams of multiskilled, trade qualified, service engineers and technicians who do both projects and service work on a variety of large manufacturing plant sites.
The time is right for a renewed focus on the business and commercial side of the Service Division and making operational improvements nationally.
Projects for the Service Division can range from routine part replacement right up to complete equipment overhauls, major installations, and everything in between.
Leadership and management are key in this role. Internally a major focus will be operational management and implementation of the existing quality systems across all of the branches. Externally you will maintain and develop business with large commercial customers day to day and also strategically into the future.
Travel: You will need to travel to visit the various offices and clients nationally. This will typically be one to two days per week.
Hours: this is a standard 40 hour per week role. During busy times longer hours may be required but this estimated to be only three or four times a year and for a week or two at a time.
Does this sound like you?
• Proven and extensive leadership and management experience in an operational management role
• Strong experience and understanding of managing a Service/Maintenance or Project Delivery Contracting business operations and a familiarity with trade staff i.e., Welder / Fitters, Electricians etc.
• Manufacturing Site Experience: e.g., Petro-Chemical, Food, Dairy, Timber, Pulp & Paper etc.
• Business Financial Reporting and Accountability at board level
• A good understanding of contracts and contracting
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant Engineering discipline
• Business Development, sales, and customer experience
• Estimating experience on technical projects
• H&S: Understanding of NZ Health & Safety in Employment Act and the Employment Relation Act 2000.
• An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing
This is a rare role to come up in New Zealand let alone in the Hawkes Bay within this company. This is a high level and stable role within the company and further promotional growth for this role has been strategised.
You will also have the security of an employer with a strong reputation and global client base who have many longstanding employees. The team you will be joining work well together and there is a very strong work ethic, a very deep-seated characteristic of honesty and integrity throughout.
This is a salaried role, with a full use vehicle, fully paid health, life & income protection insurances.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been a trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant Apply button, alternatively, for a confidential inquiry contact David Milmine by email (email@example.com) or phone (04 595 4102).
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz