Please note: Due to the Covid pandemic New Zealand’s borders remain closed to anyone not a citizen or resident. Therefore we can only consider NZ citizens and residents or others already living in New Zealand with appropriate working visas.
Our client is a large petrochemical manufacturer in the Taranaki region,with a mix of old and new plant. To keep things in top condition, ensuring maximum OEE, we are looking for a Control Systems Engineer with hands-on PLC programming experience, to join the team.
What you will do.
Our Control Systems Engineer will:
- Carry out fault finding and come up with solutions to problems
- Contribute to grow a culture of Continuous Improvement
- Take ownership of the Control Systems equipment life-cycle
- Be experienced in PLC Programming (ABB & Schneider and others)
- Be experienced in the IT side of Control Systems
And in general, assist us in keeping the plant running both safely and at full capacity.
What you will have.
We’re looking for a person who:
- Is tertiary qualified in Electrical and/or I&C Engineering or similar
- Has 5 to 6 years’ experience in Control; Systems – maintenance and small plant changes, etc. – preferably in a large, complex manufacturing plant
- Is a problem solver and solution provider
- Has experience with the IT side of Control Systems – servers, switches and interfaces, etc.
We need a self-starter, someone prepared to take the initiative. We need a good communicator – at all levels and someone who can work in a team but equally is happy working autonomously.
It’s an opportunity to join a small but dedicated team, in this challenging role.
On offer is a competitive remuneration package that will reflect your skills and abilities.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, or alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Daniel Hopkins on 4 282 1563 or 027 700 0994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org