Our client, part of a larger Australasian group, designs, manufactures, and distributes aftermarket vehicle accessories to suit the fleet, trade, off-road and the around town drivers. Continually leading the way in the industry, they have a need for a Design Manager to join their Hamilton based team.
You will be part of the management team responsible for the research and design of new and existing automotive accessory products.
Specifically, you will:
- Undertake research, design and product development for new automotive model accessories
- Produce project blueprints (specifications, costs and production plan details)
- Produce product 3D models, design drawings and materials lists
- Identify production improvements and international trends
To be successful in the role you will:
- Be a tertiary qualified Industrial Designer (or Mechanical Engineer)
- Have at least 5 years’ product development design experience
- Be proficient working with SolidWorks (or AutoCAD)
Personally, you will be passionate about the automotive industry, have excellent communication skills, have attention to detail, be customer focused and a proven team player committed and motivated to injecting new ideas and enthusiasm.
This is a great opportunity with a company in growth mode who is a market leader in their field. Dynamic, passionate and flexible are three words used to describe the company culture and with a great team environment, success is celebrated. Being part of a larger global organisation, future opportunities and potential exists, along with possible future travel opportunities.
On offer is a highly competitive salary and the prospect of working within a proactive organisation, and making the opportunity your own.
If you have the proven design skills, need a new challenge, and desire an opportunity further afield, let’s talk.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Andrew Hickey on 04 282 1562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz