Our client is a leader in the design and manufacture of sustainable process heating and energy systems, with over 65 years’ experience in the design and manufacture of industrial boilers and energy plant. With new orders on the books, they have asked us to find a new Electrical Designer to join the team, based in Napier.
Our new Electrical Designer will be responsible for a mixture of design and project engineering. This role will have you:
- Preparing Electrical drawings and documentation to support the project
- Assisting in selecting sub-contract manufacturers of key components
- Project Coordination – working between manufacturing and installation, for example
- Managing installation contracts, including tendering and subcontractor selection
And so on. In general, you will assist in the design of electrical systems, control panels, prepare documentation ensure the project stays within set timelines.
As our new Electrical Designer, you will:
- Be tertiary qualified – NZCE or BE Electrical, or similar (Electrical trade plus experience would work as well)
- Have at least 3 to 5 years’ experience in Electrical Design and Project Engineering
- Be a problem solver, analytical in your approach
- Have experience in using Elecdes or similar Electrical CAD software
- Be experience in preparing documentation
- Be a self-starter and excellent time manager
You will have great MS Office skills as well as oral and written English language abilities.
A clean NZ drivers license and the ability to travel on occasions would also be useful.
If you’re looking for a change and can tick the boxes, there’s a good salary on offer as well as the opportunity to join an established company with a good reputation and to join a dedicated and fun-loving team.
Sound like you? Let’s talk.
To apply for this role or for a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Daniel Hopkins on 04 282 1563 or email at: email@example.com