Based in the sunny Hawkes Bay, our client is an OEM design and build company specialising in automated bulk material handling and packaging machinery & robotics for the food & beverage and dairy sectors.
This automated production machinery is designed, built, & tested in-house to suit a client’s needs then commissioned on a client’s site with after sales support provided.
With both local and offshore clients in niche food markets, they provide high end customised solutions using the latest technology to optimise production.
Their primary customers are in the dairy, meat, beverage, and horticultural sectors and examples of their customised machinery solutions include: product handling, palletizing & depalletizing, packaging & repackaging e.g. vacuum packing, carton erectors, box cutters, lidding machines etc. They are also making the most of machine vision for new and optimised applications in the production space.
Based in the Hawkes Bay you would be working in a beautiful area of New Zealand with a sought after temperate micro-climate and high sunshine hours, a lifestyle location.
We need an Electrical Designer who can come into the business with relevant electrical design knowledge and experience, who is able to pick up and adapt working in the material handling sector on industrial electrical system and layout designs for OEM machinery.
You will work in a team and closely with other engineers across Mechanical Design, Automation, Electrical Operations, Projects and the Workshop.
This is a 40 hour week office-based role.
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- Tertiary qualified in Electrical Engineering or Trade qualified as an electrician
- Relevant industry experience in design/drafting on Electrical design projects (Industrial preferred)
- CAD Capable e.g. with AutoCAD, Solidworks, or ElecDes, the company use AutoCAD
- Familiar with NZ Electrical regulations
- Experience in the project management of small projects
- People person, capable of building good working relationships with co-workers and clients alike
- Capable of power calculations
- Attention to detail and producing quality work
- Production Machinery Experience
- Food & Beverage, Dairy or Material Handling Sector experience
- Familiar with electrical standards e.g. NZ, Australian, or US Wiring Standards like AS/NZS: 3000, 3008, 4024, or NFPA: 70, 79, & UL508
Is this right for you?
With the increase of robotics and automation now and in the future, this company are a growing place to be.
This is a great role for an experienced Electrical Designer who wants to develop their career or someone who is looking at a lifestyle change and moving to the Hawkes Bay.
The Hawkes Bay does boast a temperate coastal climate, a vibrant wine and food, easy access to outdoors pursuits, and great schools.
This is a role where you will never bored, you won’t be doing the same thing every day and you won’t be stuck doing instrument loops or single line drawings.
How to Apply
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been a trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button, alternatively, for a confidential inquiry contact David Milmine by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (04 595 4102).
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz