This market leading company supplies, installs, and services a range of automated post-harvest machinery for the horticultural sector.
Being a long-established family-owned kiwi business that has grown to cover New Zealand and Australia you will get the stability, brand, and product variety.
This is a company who are both happy to bring in skills and offer training where needed so you continue to develop your career.
There is currently hiring in play to provide more training and automation support to people in this Service Technician role too.
This Gisborne based Service Technician role will involve a mix of new machinery installations and regular servicing of electro-mechanical equipment.
You will soon become familiar with your own customer sites so you will need to be happy and capable of working independently and be able resolve electro-mechanical machinery issues on site.
Electrical understanding at the 230v + level is ideal for this role, and if you understand PLC logic, can do electrical diagnostics, and dual channel relays, you will certainly put a smile on this manager’s face.
Hours: This is a standard 40 hour a week role, but you will need to be happy with being on-call and doing overtime which will largely be in Autumn, and to a lesser extent in Winter too. This will all result in more money in your pocket.
Does this sound like you?
- EWRB: E or EST Registration
- Electrical and/or Mechanical Trade background, e.g., you may be an Industrial Electrician, a Mechanical Fitter with EST, or an Industrial Electrical Technician with mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge and experience servicing industrial electro-mechanical equipment e.g., pneumatics, motors, drives, checking and replacing parts in electrical cabinets, running cables etc.
- Ability to diagnose, fault find, and quickly provide a solution
- Ability to service a wide range of equipment using OEM manufacturer’s documentation
- Field Service Experience would be an advantage
- Personable with customers and can communicate well
- Independent but also a team player
- Eye for Detail
Right to work here: Applicants for this position must have NZ Residency or at least a 3-year work visa.
Boxes to tick: You must have a clean driver’s licence. You will need to take a pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol test as part of the hiring process.
Why be in touch?
Well looked after: A competitive salary, paid overtime & callouts, Kiwisaver, a full personal use Ford Ranger Ute, and a laptop and phone, all adds up to a healthy total package for this role.
Career Company: This is a well setup company that recognises their people, and long term there are paths for internal promotion so do be in touch to talk further about this opportunity if it looks like what you are looking for.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been a trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button, alternatively, for a confidential inquiry contact David Milmine by email (email@example.com) or phone (04 595 4102).
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz