This is a very unique opportunity to be involved in an Auckland based, R&D tech start-up company who have already broken new ground with working prototypes.
The revolutionary nature of what they are developing means that there is a lot of opportunities for new applications of their concept that simply haven’t been done before so you will be working at the edge of engineering development.
With new solutions possible across a range of industry sectors, company stability and product growth potential are also a big tick.
The company are developing and testing different prototypes now and their work is only set to ramp up with a major field trial happening in early 2022.
The specialist engineering team are busy and need another pair of hands to help with electronics and embedded development.
On the Electronics hardware side, you will be designing, analysing, and fabricating low frequency electronics and incorporating custom and vendor-supplied sensors.
On the software side, you will be doing embedded systems specification, design, and programming.
You will be joining a team of engineers who are well qualified and experienced. Talking to a few of these engineers myself you will definitely learn a lot here and work with some nice people that are well-regarded in industry.
With the Company growing there is an upcoming move into a large central Auckland office space, so you will be working in a nice office and lab space set up specifically for the work you will be doing.
This will look like office space, meeting space, a modelling area with high powered server PC’s, a high frequency electronics zone, and an electronics area for surface mount prototyping.
Do you have these skills and experience?
- Electronics or Electrical Engineering Degree
- Intermediate to Senior level career experience
- Embedded Systems Programming, e.g., C, C++, BASIC
- Analogue Electronic Circuit Design, e.g., switch-mode power supply design (buck, boost converters etc.)
- Low Frequency Circuit Simulators, e.g., LTspice, TINA etc.
- Communications Protocols, e.g., Ethernet, Serial, SPI.
- Feedback Controller design and implementation
- GUI simple development, e.g., Python Tkinter
- PCB layout and fabrication, e.g., Altium, KiCad (for prototyping)
- SMD soldering, e.g., 0402 packages
- Experience with PLC programming and HMI implementation are nice to have’s
Given the company DNA you will be someone who thrives doing R&D with specialised engineers and scientists in a start-up environment.
How to Apply
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been a trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button, alternatively, for a confidential inquiry contact David Milmine by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (04 595 4102).
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz