This position is based in sunny Hawkes Bay
A leading building services contruction company is looking for an Estimator to join their commercial plumbing team in Hastings. This team operates across the north island with projects across industrial, public sector, residential and commercial builds. You will be dealing directly with some of New Zealands most well known main contractors throughout the tendering process, with project values anywhere from $300K – $4/5M this is a key role.
As Estimator you will primarily be office based. Working as a key part of the team to ensure the continued development of the business – primarily focussed on the lower North Island. Responsibilities include:
- Growing the business through competitive and accurate tenders for construction projects
- Working closely with clients and colleagues in all areas of financial management and contract administration for tenders in process and awarded projects.
- Pre-contracts and sub-contracts management
- Project Management – work closely with PM’s to monitor costs and mitigate risks. Dealing with local teams once project gets underway
- Client facing – maintaining and building key relationships within the industry
Foremost we’re looking for a candidate with a great attitude who enjoys being part of a close team. On a technical level you will need:
- Previous experience as an Estimator in construction industry – ideally plumbing
- Ability to accurately price, tender and bid for work up to $5M values
- Confident – happy to pick up the phone, talk to contractors and have a presence with clients
- Clear communication and document writing skills
- Technologically savvy – ability to work with company and clients software
- Technical background – Either apprentice trained or qualified QS/Construction
In return for your hard work, you will join a real family culture, supportive environment and the opportunity to work with some great people. This is a growing company with 200+ staff and a growing division and this is the chance to take the reigns and make a difference. We’re looking for an upbeat, driven person and you’ll be rewarded with a positive workplace and generous remuneration.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Adam Bentley on 04 909 7034 or email email@example.com
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All of our vacancies are listed at www.trs.co.nz