- Lead all site Quality Assurance functions (fresh, short shelf life products)
- Work closely with suppliers and customers
- South-Central Auckland location
About the company
Our client, a co-packing business specialising in fresh food products distributed across New Zealand. The company is a key part of the supply chain for a well known global food distribution brand.
About the role
Reporting to the Site Manager, Food Safety and Quality Manager is responsible for overseeing all compliance and food safety for manufacturing within the facility. With a team of Quality Controllers working across the shifts in this 7 day a week operation, the manager will be expected to balance their time between strategic quality and compliance, with supporting, training and mentoring of the team of their staff.
In addition, the Food Safety and Quality Manager will be liaising with suppliers and the company’s key customer to ensure all relevant quality standards are met. This may include hosting/performing audits, working with regulatory bodies, and providing technical advice to the production team.
You the candidate
Your passion for quality and influencing skills will see you drive the site’s quality culture forward. As such, your customer focus, interpersonal skills and drive will be as important as your quality and compliance knowledge. You will be a strong negotiator and a confident decision maker. You must have prior experience in the food industry and be familiar with current associated quality standards.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following attributes:
- Tertiary science qualification with a major in food science, microbiology, or similar
- Minimum of 8 years QA/QC experience within the food industry
- Previous people management experience
- Highly effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Extensive Quality/Food Safety system development and implementation experience
- Strong knowledge of HACCP and industry/customer requirements such as WQA, BRC, SQF
- Internal auditing experience and strong knowledge of NZ food legislation
- Proven experience with staff leadership and motivation
- Sound computer skills & ability to convert data into useful user-friendly information
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a great team in a stimulating and rewarding work environment and further develop your career.
How to apply
TRS has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Tony De Barr on 04 472 6558 , or email email@example.com
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz