Excellent opportunity for a Food Technologist / Engineer professional to join a growing nutraceutical manufacturing organisation.
- Christchurch location
- Supportive team environment
- Innovative and growing business
Our client, based in Christchurch, is an innovative developer and manufacturer of natural ingredient based nutritional products. With their purpose-built facility, the company has been able to develop and deliver new products to their established and growing global customer base.
The role is to help with development of new Food and Pet consumer products from concept thru to costed production scale up.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaboration with product development team, engineers, quality teams to bring product from concept to launch.
- Implementing new equipment and processes.
- Manage process development projects and initiatives at factory level in line with quality, safety, cost and compliance.
- Provide process engineering knowledge for product development, production, and quality teams within the factory for new processes and products.
- Commissioning and staff training on new equipment.
- Documentation Control.
To be considered, you will have NPD experience in a food or nutraceutical manufacturing environment. You will have strong communication skills and will need to work closely with the product development team, engineers, quality teams to bring product from concept to launch.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following attributes:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Food Technology and science with appropriate engineering or chemical process engineering skills.
- 2+ years/ NPD experience within the food, nutraceutical or similar industry.
- Experience or knowledge of specialised equipment used such as crushing, mincing, freeze drying, refrigeration, extraction, filtration & evaporation systems preferred.
- Able to work as part of a team and autonomously.
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Able to deliver results within tight deadlines.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant ‘Apply’ button to submit your CV and cover letter. For a confidential inquiry, contact Olivia Lawrence on 04 916 0536 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.