This business is a leading provider of scaffolding and access solutions to the commercial construction industry. With a network of branches throughout New Zealand, long term career progression in a stable environment is assured. The Nelson branch is relatively young, with a few significant projects underway they are now looking to grow, develop and secure future local workloads in a growing region.
This is a “hands on” GM role. You will be leading a small team, working closely with the Ops Manager and regional manager to win business and meet growth targets. So initially this role will have a key focus on business development alongside other areas of expanding operations. Going forward there’s an opportunity to grow, foster and develop your team and set this business out as a leader in the region – as they are elsewhere in NZ.
The ideal candidate will be an outstanding commercial leader, with a track record developing strong customer relationships. You must be experienced in the construction industry, preferably with strong experience in scaffolding and/or formwork, however other sub-contractor or main contractor experience will be considered. This is a young team that is going places and as a natural leader you’ll be key in developing the culture of this group.
- Operations, Branch or General Management experience within construction
- Ideally knowledgeable/well connected in the Nelson market
- Ideally experienced in Scaffolding/height safety
- Proven track record in business development/delivering growth targets
- Attractive Salary Package + vehicle + profit shares
- Long term shareholding opportunities
- Full support from regional and senior management
- Professional development, training
- Motivated company with a fantastic culture
If you are ready for an exciting challenge in an industry dedicated to keeping people safe, then please apply for this position. For a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Luke Atkinson on 04 333 0383 or email email@example.com
TRS has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for the construction industry since 1996.
If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements