Seeking a hands-on H & S Advisor (Systems and Support) for an innovative and well-established plant-based food manufacturing company, to get involved in H&S in strategic growth, CAPEX projects & factory expansion
Our client is a well-established and innovative health food manufacturer in Auckland. They pride themselves on their ethically sourced ingredients and their plant-based products, with products that have become very popular in supermarkets and convenience stores across NZ and Australia.
Reporting to Snr QA / H&S Manager, as Health and Safety Advisor, you will contribute to a high performing team and team culture and lead the H&S across the site. Among other H&S duties, you will be responsible for employee and contractor training and inductions, risk assessments and internal audits. In addition to H&S involvement in strategic growth, CAPEX projects and factory expansion, you’ll be key to H&S process improvement and liaise with all departments and service providers to achieve this.
The successful candidate will be a fantastic communicator (both oral and written) with a positive attitude and willingness to learn. In this autonomous role, you will be a self-starter and have the ability to get on with and motivate or influence people across the business in all aspects of health and safety.
In addition, you will have experience in most or all the areas:
- 5 years’ experience in H&S in food production/manufacturing (or similar)
- Computing expertise (Microsoft Office Suite) and H&S database management
- Experience working with contractors
- Developing and maintaining SOPs and JSAs
- Health & Safety Work Act 2015
- HSNO legislation & approved HSNO Hazardous Substances Handler
- Report writing, documentation, internal audits, training programmes, well-being checks, emergency response mock tests
- H&S training and non-conformances
- H&S qualification
- A positive attitude, willingness to learn, and friendly nature are essential
The successful candidate will enjoy standard Monday to Friday working hours, a competitive salary, and a supportive working environment. You will be part of a well-known and an ethical company with their innovative products and have the opportunity to contribute to team culture and H&S process improvement. You will also be involved in strategic growth, CAPEX projects and factory expansion.
Please apply via the relevant button, or for a confidential enquiry, contact Olivia Lawrence on 0800 171 000 or email@example.com
If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements. All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz