Our client, is a leading construction business with multiple exciting projects across the Wellington region. They are looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their growing team.
This high-performing Tier 1 commercial construction company have a busy workload for 2021 and well beyond. With projects across commercial high rise, public sector, industrial, heritage restoration, education and more. As a result they are looking for an experienced H&S Manager to join their senior leadership team and in order to work closely with site teams and make sure everyone goes home safe, happy and healthy every day.
- You will develop and implement strategic & operational Workplace Health & Safety and Environmental plans. It’s important that this market leader achieves EH&S standards across all sites and you will be key in communicating and achieving these goals.
- Key aspects of your role will be managing the audit process for the company, training the workforce in H&S and the use of the systems and processes you put in place, coaching the senior management team on their H&S responsibilities and liaising with regulatory bodies as required.
- You will be a positive and encouraging, with the ability to build strong working relationships with a diverse team, and foster a culture of team work.
- You will be ably supported both by an experienced local team and a wider network of regional level colleagues.
- Hold relevant H&S/OSH qualifications (preferably Advanced Diploma or Degree level)
- Construction industry experience is essentially
- Ideally be a certified Trainer and Assessor
- Have experience in ICAM investigations
- You will be a details person, a self-starter, prepared to take ownership of your role. You will be good at conflict resolution/ problem solving and in developing excellent working relationships at all levels.
In this role you can enjoy full responsibility and make a real difference, improving processes, grow the business and develop your team. You will be supported by an experienced and motivated leadership team who can offer long term career challenges and opportunities within this business. Here’s the chance to join a market leader in Wellington and be rewarded with a positive work environment and competitive remuneration.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Luke Atkinson on 04 472 6558 or email@example.com
TRS has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz