Our client is a well-known and respected energy industry player, with offices around the globe. With changes within the company, an opportunity now exists for an intermediate Process Safety/HSSE Engineer to their New Plymouth based team.
As the job title suggests, there is a mix of Process Safety and HSSE in this role. In particular you will:
- Developing and maintaining HSSE cases/bridging documents
- Provide risk management for major accident hazards, etc.
- Monitor, review and audit HSSE case compliance and look for opportunities to improve how things are done
- Facilitate/lead risk assessments and workshops
- Participate in incident investigations, etc.
In essence, you will the of voice of Process Safety, with others in the HSSE team (and company).
Apart from being versatile, a self-starter and someone who enjoys a challenge, you will:
- Be degree qualified in a suitable discipline (Mechanical or Chemical typically)
- Have up to 5 years’ work experience in Process Safety (Petrochemical type experience would be a bonus)
- Have a good HSE knowledge and experience in working to the relevant regulations and legislations
- Be experienced in motivating, coaching others, etc.
- Have experience in auditing HSSE and Technical Management systems.
You will be a people person, someone who can work with and influence people at all levels. You will have excellent verbal and written English language skills and skills in using MS Office and the likes.
What to Expect:
Our client believes they can only evolve and thrive as a company with a highly diverse mix of employees and by ensuring a healthy work-life balance. They have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key. The company will encourage you to take on new responsibilities, work across different functions, become involved in new projects, as well as the potential to complete international assignments. In return, you will be offered excellent development programs that will help you achieve your career goals and reach your potential. If energy is your life, this is your future!
This is an opportunity to join an innovative, international renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities.
Our client is offering a good base remuneration and benefits package making up and attractive total package. On top of that, there’s the opportunity for the right person to keep learning, in a role combining Process Safety and HSSE.
If you like versatility, enjoy a challenge and like working with and influencing peoples thinking, let’s talk.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, or alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry, contact Daniel Hopkins on 04 282 1563 or email email@example.com