- Develop a wide variety of food products for local and export markets
- Bring your creativity and new ideas
- Join an innovative and growing organisation
Our client, a progressive, multinational-backed manufacturer of some of NZ’s most iconic food products, is looking for an experienced Food Technologist to join their innovation team. Based in South Canterbury, their products grace the shelves of several aisles of NZ’s supermarkets as well as providing bulk ingredients to other well-known Kiwi brands.
Reporting to the Innovation and Development Manager and working as part of a close-knit team, you will drive innovation and the development of new products. As such you will manage development projects from concept through to launch by leading cross-functional teams and effectively communicating new product launches within the company. In addition, you will improve existing projects and processes and will provide technical support to internal teams as well as customers.
You, the Candidate:
We are looking for a smart, creative and enthusiastic NPD Technologist with practical experience in the commercial development of innovative food products. Working as part of a close-knit team and with a variety of external stakeholders, you will have excellent communication, influencing and organisational skills that will help you meeting tight deadlines and financial targets for your projects.
As a preferred candidate will ideally possess the following attributes:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in food science/technology or similar
- Over 5 years practical food product development experience
- Experience with functional foods highly preferred
- Team player with excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Project management experience and the ability to drive your own goals
- Knowledge and skills of production processes relating to food/beverage manufacture
- Proven innovation and product improvement skills
PLEASE NOTE: THIS ROLE IS BASED IN SOUTH CANTERBURY.
If you’ve read this far and would like to know more then please call Tony De Barr on 04 472 6558 or email email@example.com . Or to apply for this position please click on the appropriate APPLY button now.
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.