- Niche company specialising in world-leading antigen and antibody manufacture
- Supportive team environment
- Wellington-based role and modern commercial facility
AROTEC Diagnostics is a manufacturer and global distributor of high-quality antigens and antibodies for the autoimmune diagnostics market. With their dedicated team, including a highly specialised department of scientists and overseas sales personnel, it is regarded as the leader in native antigen purification to diagnostics equipment manufacturers around the world. The company has a state-of-the-art, purpose-built manufacturing site in Lower Hutt, Wellington, this business has a solid base and the backing to grow.
AROTEC Diagnostics are currently looking for a Facility Maintenance Engineer to join our Operations team. You will provide support to ensure that a consistent standard of operational performance is maintained within a busy commercial manufacturing environment. A background in engineering, equipment and facilities maintenance, and an understanding of scientific equipment operation in a protein biochemical or pharmaceutical environment or in laboratory techniques is of particular importance to this position. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the position will be covering the following areas:
- Skilled technical duties involving repair, maintenance, and replacement of site equipment.
- Management of contractors for Preventative Maintenance (PM) of facility equipment.
- Repairing and performing troubleshooting on all Chromatography units (AKTA Pure, Prime, Starts, Biologics and Cross-Flow).
- Responsible for maintenance and renewal of Building Warrant of Fitness.
- Finalising contracts of agreed service providers, as well as supervising and coordinating contractors to carry out work activities in relation to service terms of agreement and procedures.
- Support Operations Manager in capital equipment, resourcing, and workflow optimization.
- Staff Training management and review (Lab & Equipment Focus)
- Chromatography workflow management.
- Maintenance of accurate PM records & documentation.
All in line with AROTEC’s quality and compliance needs and remaining agile to support other departments as required.
You, the Candidate:
The ideal candidate will be strongly motivated, with good mechanical and Laboratory/commercial chromatography background. They will possess a high level of initiative and be capable to remain focused and maintain a consistent standard of operational performance while providing support to the company’s manufacturing operations.
To be considered will ideally possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrated facility maintenance experience of the highest standard in pharma, food, or laboratory equipment (e.g. chromatography systems)
- Demonstrated experience working in a GMP or GMP-like facility
- A high level of initiative, strong time management and ability to effectively prioritise
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with a supportive, team-based approach
- Strong, detail-oriented analytical and problem-solving ability
- Good understanding of the best practices of facilities maintenance
- Good IT skill (to be able to interact with IT contractor in addressing IT issues) would be an advantage.
AROTEC strongly values and encourages a team-based, supportive culture, where positivity, quality-focus, accountability, a customer-centric approach, and where constant learning is a part of everyday activities, are its keys to success.
In return, AROTEC offers an encouraging management team and the ability to grow and develop with the company, as well as an attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualification and experience.
To apply for this position please click on the APPLY button
For a confidential enquiry, contact Laura Cahill on 09 281 3755 email email@example.com.
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.