OMV New Zealand Limited is part of the internationally recognised OMV group, a well-known and respected player in the Energy sector. With offices in many locations and a workforce of around 22,500 employees world-wide, the OMV Group are involved in producing and marketing oil & gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions – in a responsible way.
OMV New Zealand is entering a period of growth and as part of this we are looking for a Lead Production Engineer to join the Taranaki based team.
Our new Lead Production Engineer will be responsible for the Production Optimisation, Flow Assurance and Production Technology Functions within OMV Australasia Hub, for both operated and non-operated assets. The Lead Production Engineer will functionally manage a team of Production Engineers and includes the following key responsibilities:
- Technical Authority in Production Technology and Flow Assurance;
- provide discipline input into exploration and development projects;
- leading multi-disciplinary teams in surveillance and production system optimisation activities from the sand face to sales;
- identification, planning and execution of well interventions;
- co-ordination of offtakes from the FPSO;
- Hydrocarbon Accounting, performance management and production reporting;
- Compliance with Company Policies & Procedures with regard to HSSE and Production.
This involves liaising across the business to deliver maximum value for OMV New Zealand.
Our new Lead Production Engineer will:
- Be Degree qualified in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering or similar OR have significant industry training and experience in Production
- Be able to show 10 – 15 years’ experience in hydrocarbon production operations in offshore environments, ideally with FPSO experience
- Have experience in crude oil stabilisation and measurement, natural gas liquid extraction, artificial lift, etc.
You will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to build good working relationships at all levels, be able to adapt to rapidly changes as operational activities dictate. you will have excellent English abilities, both written and verbal and have excellent computer skills.
This is a challenging role, in an ever changing environment, so requires a versatile person, results focused and with the ability to bring everyone onto the same page.
On offer is a competitive remuneration package that will reflect your skills and abilities and the chance to make a difference in a dedicated and fun loving team.
If you can tick the boxes and are looking for a new challenge, let’s talk!
As recruitment partners to OMV New Zealand, Technical Recruitment Solutions have a wealth of experience in the oil & gas sector and are available to talk to you about this position at any time. For further information or to apply for this role, please contact Daniel Hopkins on 0800 171 000 if calling from New Zealand, +64 4 472 6558 if calling internationally or email email@example.com