- Training oversight of two large manufacturing sites
- Office and WFH flexibility
- License to develop training strategies
Our clients are one of the New Zealand’s biggest pharmaceutical manufacturers, with a strong international backing and who make sterile products for world-wide markets. With a significant capital project underway to increase the capacity of the plant, the future of the business in Wellington is assured when other NZ based pharmaceutical facilities are closing down.
Our client is seeking an experienced Learning and Development Manager to continue to manage and develop their existing onsite training programmes across their Wellington (Upper Hutt) and Australian manufacturing sites. The responsibilities will cover a blend of strategic oversight and continuous improvement on the sites’ training systems and partnering with the departmental teams to execute these strategies and consistently provide expertise to maximise employees’ potential.
While the position covers site in NZ and Australia, travel expectations will be minimal. Instead, and as the incumbent, you will be expected to use your communication and relationship building skills in conjunction with the latest communication media to establish contacts and build trust.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is based in Upper Hutt. To be considered, you must be prepared to relocate to a within a commutable distance of the site, if you are applying from outside of the Wellington region.
As the Incumbent:
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a solid background in training, teaching, learning and development, ideally within a manufacturing environment although with your transferable skills coming from other sectors will be welcome too. Just as importantly, you’ll have the positive attitude and ability to engage with those around you to motivate and influence them to come on your L&D journey with you. You’ll need to listen to the departmental stakeholders and help them to grow and develop using their current L&D tools, but you’ll be encouraged to bring new technologies or ways of thinking to enhance the leading experience for the business.
Ideally, you will have:
- An Academic Degree in Business Management, Organization Development or Adult Learning, or equivalent
- Experience in Learning & Development or Organizational Development in a larger business with complex teams
- Preferably some background or understanding of operations within a regulated industry
- Knowledge of Quality systems and cGMP also beneficial
- Working knowledge of: Adult Learning Principles, Evaluation Methodologies
- Experience of Behavioural Change and Consequence Management (BCCM) or similar framework
- Proficient in Microsoft based systems
- The ability to engage individuals in a digital capacity
In return, our client offers a competitive remuneration including a bonus, 7% kiwisaver, health, life and income protection insurance, flexible WFH vs. office working options, and long-term progressive career opportunities within their multinational network.
For a confidential enquiry or to apply for this position please click on the APPLY button, alternatively contact Tony De Barr on 04 916 0541, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.