Christchurch Based – Manufacturing – New and exciting venture
This new start-up manufacturing operation requires and highly capable Logistics Manager to work cohesively with their manufacturing operation based in Christchurch. The role is somewhat a clean slate, where the company requires a talented and skilled hands-on individual to set up the logistic systems from scratch.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will operate with a high degree of autonomy and accountability. They will have responsibility for planning and co-ordinating cost-effective logistics operations in warehousing, inventory, transportation, and supply chain processes. They will also be responsible for identifying and implementing continuous improvement projects across the national logistics network.
You will preferably have some of the following attributes:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in either Operations, Supply Chain or Management, or a proven well-rounded experience base in logistics
- At least 10 year’s experience in logistics, warehouse operations, ideally within the building products industry
- Exceptional planning and implementation skills to meet tight deadlines, while progressing with key long-term projects
- Well-developed problem solving with a critical eye for detail
- Strong leadership and communication and a willingness to share ideas and mentor junior staff members
- A strong commercial perspective supported by strategic agility, confidence and negotiation skills to deal with challenging and changing situations
This is a great opportunity to continue your personal development and make your mark in a successful, growth-oriented company.
Technical Recruitment Solution has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact John Kiriakidis on 04 472 6558 or email email@example.com
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz