Whittaker’s is New Zealand’s biggest chocolate manufacturer and has been voted New Zealand’s ‘Most Trusted Brand’ for ten years running.They live by the belief that ‘best is always better’, insisting on using only the finest ingredients, the best methods, most precise machinery and needing the best people to keep making good honest chocolate.
As the company grows, new employees are joining an energetic, motivated team of people, with the goal of making the best chocolate in the world!
To help with this, Whittaker’s are looking for additional Machine Operators to join their team.
This is a shift-based position, and you will need to be prepared to work a permanent ‘afternoon’ shifts from 4 pm to 2 am, so you will need to be happy working these hours,
Our new Machine Operator will be responsible for:
- Supervising and monitoring their machine to prevent problems arising
- Continually checking their machine for damage or other problems which will make it unsafe to run
- Ensure that the materials and equipment needed for production has been requested and delivered
- Operating of the machine or line in a safe, hygienic manner
- Monitoring production quality and correcting errors, whilst notifying the appropriate people
- Dismantling, cleaning and basic maintenance of the machine or line
In general, taking responsibility for producing the best quality products, in a safe manner and keeping the machines in top condition.
To join us in this role, you will have:
- A minimum of experience of 3 years as a Machine Operator in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience with high-speed production machines
- A Safety-first attitude
- Be a details person and someone committed to producing a quality product
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Physically fit and able to get into small spaces
We need a person who gets on well with others, who doesn’t get flustered when the pressure’s on and who is looking for a change and a challenge. We need a person who takes pride in their work and in producing the best chocolate around! If that’s you, let’s talk.
On offer is a good hourly rate, plus overtime, and the chance to join a fun loving and dedicated team.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, or alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Daniel Hopkins on 04 282 1563 or email email@example.com or Andrew Hickey on 04 282 1562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org