Playing your part
This Monday to Friday role was created to add further resources to the proven and successful Engineering team. On any given day you will enjoy a mix of routine preventative maintenance tasks, breakdown attendance / mechanical fault finding and contributing to Continuous Improvement projects. There is a range of machinery on-site but is generally of a heavy industrial nature which features hydraulic, pneumatics and electrical systems. On top of general “fixing and replacing”, you’ll also have the onsite workshop to machine, weld and fabricate components to fit on the production floor.
Up to the challenge?
This is an ideal opportunity for a proven Mechanical Fitter with a high degree of practical aptitude. The role is best suited to Trade qualified Engineer with a knack for getting to the root of a problem. To be eligible, you’ll need:
- NZ Trade cert (Mechanical or similar) – NZCE a bonus
- Exceptional Mechanical Fault-finding ability
- Able to weld (mild steel), use hand tools and basic fitting and turning
- Experience in Maintenance/production environments
- Strong communicator and able to work across departments
- A high degree of accuracy and personal standards for quality
- Health & Safety leadership is a must
- Proof of vaccination against Covid-19
The most important attribute we look for is ATTITUDE! A positive attitude that is.
Reap the rewards!
On offer is the opportunity to earn a wage reflective of your skill level. The team believe in upskilling and challenging their staff to improve themselves. This is a welcoming team driven company where new ideas are encouraged, and ambition is rewarded. When not at work, you’ll enjoy a rural lifestyle away from the city (but not too far away).
To submit your interest, please apply directly to this advert. For a confidential enquiry or if you have any specific questions, contact Chiel Van Asch at Technical Recruitment Solutions on (04) 282 0402