Auckland Based (West) – Architectural / Security Products – Commercial Construction
Our client has a successful local manufacturing business that has grown, to become a well-respected brand designing and manufacturing of a range of innovative architectural security products, for the commercial and high-quality residential construction sectors. With a clear business plan and long-term client relationships with many corporates and construction companies, they are ready to enter a new phase of growth and expansion, by introducing a new range of products for the market. Therefore, a perfect role for an innovator, or someone who has an eye for new business opportunities and needs a vehicle to explore it.
Working closely with the management team, your role will be to explore options outside of the current long-established client relationships and explore new markets and business opportunities for this new product range. The role will involve marketing the company’s abilities to Architects, Consultancies, Developers and Construction companies, along with preparing and chasing new tenders. There is a team to assist with the tender preparation and some engineering work would be required for the new bids.
The project work is primarily within the Auckland region, but options throughout NZ will also be explored.
The ideal applicant will have the following attributes or skills:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying or Manufacturing or Mechanical engineering or similar, is preferred but not a prerequisite
- Sound experience / knowledge of the commercial construction sector within New Zealand
- Proven ability to effectively identify and exploit new market opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- A very strong business and commercial acumen
- Proven business development experience
- Experienced in maintaining and building relationships with clientele
- Strong leadership qualities and people management skills
- Technically astute eg: Innovative in the construction/structural/manufacturing and/or fabrication sectors
- Experienced with managing a product manufacturing operation
The size of this organisation means you will be exposed to a wide range of commercial projects across the national construction market. Working closely with your client senior management and project teams, you will take ownership for the development of this exciting new product range and champion it throughout the NZ construction market.
As expected, an attractive senior salary package is on offer, with the added incentive of advancement through this large and successful organisation.
Technical Recruitment Solution has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact John Kiriakidis on 0800 171 000 if calling from New Zealand, +64 4 472 6558 if calling internationally or email
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz