Mechanical Engineering / Product Design
Heavy Industrial Machinery
Sunshine Capital, a sought-after region
This company design a range of standalone products and products that can be retrofitted onto heavy machinery to add to and improve its functionality, efficiency, and safety.
Their products have global scope, and they have local partner companies around the world that help on the ground with commissioning their products.
This role sits within an R&D team involved in mechanical engineering design of new heavy mechanical products and making upgrades to existing products and related documentation.
This will include design and drawings (Solidworks), calculations and analysis (including FEA with ANSYS), product testing, refinement, installation technical support, and on-going global product support and product upgrades.
We need people who are at least degree qualified, with solid career experience (e.g. 3-5 years) doing design for manufacture mechanical engineering on heavy industrial machinery.
You will need to be able to demonstrate strong design for manufacture experience with grounded applications of your design knowledge, a proven ability to problem solve and then come up with solutions that work in the real world and can be manufactured.
Hours: This is a 40 hour a week role, Monday to Friday.
This is a salaried role, and I am told the company have been good about annual salary reviews and raises.
Does this sound like you?
- Degree qualified Mechanical or Mechatronics
- Be an all-rounder Mechanical Engineer with at least 3 to 5 years’ experience
- Proficient with Solidworks for CAD design and ANSYS for FEA
- Ability to do Mechanical calculations
- Heavy industrial machinery design experience
- Have an eye for detail and ability to QA check designs
Nice to Have’s
- Experience with applying machinery safety codes in design
- Project Management experience would be valuable
- Hands on ability and willingness to go out and do product field testing
- Some project time and cost estimating experience or happy to learn this
- Ability to assist with documentation like service/maintenance instructions, assembly documentation etc.
- Familiarity with Autodesk Inventor
To express your interest, click ‘Apply’.
If you have any inquiries, contact me.
Contact David Milmine (Recruitment Consultant)
Phone: +64 4 595 4102
If this opportunity is not quite right for you, let me know what you are looking for in case we can help. We’ve done it many times before.
Explore other jobs opportunities at www.trs.co.nz
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been a trusted specialist recruitment partner since 1996.