Mechanical Engineering / Product Design
Heavy Industrial Machinery
Sunshine Capital, a sought-after region
This company design a range of products that can be retrofitted onto heavy machinery to add to and improve its functionality and efficiency. Their products have global scope, and they have local partner companies around the world that help on the ground with commissioning their products.
This role sits within a Mechanical Design team involved in mechanical engineering design of new heavy mechanical products and making upgrades to existing products and related documentation.
This will include design and drawings (Solidworks), calculations and analysis (including FEA with ANSYS), product testing, refinement, installation technical support, and on-going global product support and product upgrades.
We need people who are at least degree qualified, with solid career experience (e.g. 3-5 years) doing design for manufacture mechanical engineering on heavy industrial machinery.
You will need to be able to demonstrate strong design for manufacture experience with grounded applications of your design knowledge, a proven ability to problem solve and then come up with solutions that work in the real world and can be manufactured.
Hours: This is a 40 hour a week role, Monday to Friday.
Does this sound like you?
• Degree qualified Mechanical or Mechatronics
• Be an all-rounder Mechanical Engineer with at least 3 to 5 years’ experience
• Proficient with Solidworks for CAD design and ANSYS for FEA
• Ability to do Mechanical calculations
• Heavy industrial machinery design experience
• Have an eye for detail and ability to QA check designs
Nice to Have’s
• Experience with applying machinery safety codes in design
• Project Management experience would be valuable
• Hands on ability and willingness to go out and do product field testing
• Some project time and cost estimating experience or happy to learn this
• Ability to assist with documentation like service/maintenance instructions, assembly documentation etc.
This is a salaried role, and I am told the company have been good about annual salary reviews and raises. This is a company that is relatively un-affected by COVID, they are still growing their workload, hence this hire.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been a trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact David Milmine on 04 595 4102 or email me (email@example.com).
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz