Please note: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, New Zealand’s borders are closed and we can therefore only consider applicants already living and working in New Zealand, or citizens and residents returning soon.
Our client is an OEM design and build company specialising in automated bulk material handling and packaging machinery, robotics, chiller and blast freezers, to name a few! With growth and a full order book comes the need for additional people and we are looking for an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer to join the Auckland based design team.
You will be working for the chiller and blast freezer division of this company designing new equipment for clients in both New Zealand and Australia.
Specifically, you will:
- Assist in establishing project time-lines
- Develop 3D design and manufacturing drawings in Inventor
- Prepare manufacturing, arrangement and parts drawings and prepare BOM’s
- Check your own and others drawings to ensure designs are ‘fit for purpose’ and meet all relevant codes and requirements
- Participate in completing HAZOP & MRA’s, providing detailed technical input as required
- Provide input from the quotation and tendering stages, right through to completion of the project
Our new Mechanical Engineer will:
- Be tertiary qualified in Mechanical Engineering (Diploma or Degree level)
- Have at least 5 years’ Mechanical Design Drafting
- Have experience in using Inventor 2 and 3D and Vault Basic
- Be experienced in preparing manufacturing drawings – G&T, welding requirements, dimensioning, etc.
- Experience using Auto-CAD would be a bonus
- Preferably have experience in materials handling/conveyor and/or food industry design
In a nutshell you will be involved in projects from quotation to commissioning, including reviewing 3rd party designs
You will be an excellent communicator, written and verbal, at all levels, be a person happy working in a team, but able to take the initiative and get things done.
If you have 2 & 3D Inventor design skills, a knowledge of designing for the food industry and for manufacturing and need a new challenge, let’s talk.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Daniel Hopkins on 04 282 1563 or 027 700 0994 or email email@example.com or Andrew Hickey on 04 282 1562 or e,mail firstname.lastname@example.org