Australia (Brisbane) Based – Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Bulk Material Handling
Looking for a better climate with a more affordable cost of living? How about a career advancement opportunity that can take you places…
With offices in New Zealand and Australia, our client is an OEM design and build company specialising in automated bulk material handling and packaging machinery, robotics, chiller, and blast freezers, to name a few! This automated production machinery, mainly used in the food manufacturing sector, is designed, built, and tested in-house, to suit a client’s needs, then commissioned on a client’s site with after sales support provided. With both local and offshore clients in niche food markets, they provide high end and customised solutions using the latest technology to optimise production.
With growth and a full order book comes the need for additional people and we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the Brisbane based team.
You will be working for the chiller and blast freezer division of this company designing bespoke systems for clients in both New Zealand and Australia.
Specifically, you will:
- Be responsible for the overall engineering and/or design work of projects.
- Design and draft mechanical and structural elements.
- Prepare manufacturing, arrangement and parts drawings and prepare BOMs.
- Ensure overall project compliance with relevant standards.
- Act as 2IC and provide team leadership to support the Manager, as required.
To be successful in the role you will be:
- Tertiary qualified Mechanical Engineering (BE Mech – preferably registered)
- Have at least 8 years’ Mechanical Design experience with mechanical and structural systems
- Proven experience in materials handling/conveyor and/or food industry design
- Have advanced skills with Inventor Professional, Vault Basic and AutoCAD
- Be experienced in preparing manufacturing drawings – GD&T, welding requirements, dimensioning, etc.
You will be a natural team leader with excellent communication skills, being happy working in a team, but able to step up and lead as required, taking the initiative to get things done.
If you have the proven design skills, need a new challenge, and desire an opportunity further afield, let’s talk.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Andrew Hickey on 04 282 1562 or email email@example.com
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz