Please Note: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic New Zealand’s borders are closed to anyone not a citizen or resident. Because of this, we can only consider people already living and working in New Zealand.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Fitter/Service Technician, who also has some basic electrical skills (EST licensed or prepared to become EST licensed), for a client based in Hastings area. This company manufacture specialist machinery used in the food sector, as well as other industrial sectors.
The job & person.
Our new Mechanical Workshop & Service Fitter will be involved in building and testing of new machines before they are dispatched, as well as carrying out servicing of equipment in customers factories.
You will need to be:
- Trade qualified in Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering/Fitting- or similar
- Hold an EST license or be prepared/able to get one
- Have a familiarity with automation equipment such as PLC’s and VSD’s
- Have good fault finding/trouble shooting skills with automated equipment
- Be able to work in stressful situations
- Be self-motivated and able to work on your own.
You need to be organised and methodical, be a good report writer and be able to get on well with your customers, even during stressful breakdowns!
If you are an experienced Service Technician or Mechanical Fitter and enjoy variety, we should talk.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Daniel Hopkins on 04 282 1563 or 027 700 0994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org