Our client is a smaller, but growing distribution lines company, with a mix of rural and urban customers. With growth the need for new people and they are now looking for a Network Planner to help them in moving forward.
It’s a mix of short and long term planning looking at network capacity, reliability and, of course, incorporating new technologies and allowing for their impact.
In particular, you will be looking at:
- Developing network plans as part of the overall Asset Management Plan
- Prepare and review reports on large development projects
- Undertake Power systems studies
- With your colleagues, identifying look for areas / ways to improve how things are done and increase network utilisation.
And so on, and so forth.
Our new Network Planner will;
- Be degree qualified in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Have at least 5 years experience in power systems engineering
- Have experience in Power System / Load Flow modelling
- Have good analytical skills using Excel and the likes
- Be familiar with New Zealand legal requirements, regulations and Codes of Practice within the Distribution sector
Having GIS and smart grid knowledge, as well as skills in project management and economic modelling of networks would be a bonus, but are not essential.
On offer is the chance to join a small and growing network and to be part of developing the future for this organisation.
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you are a Network Planner, looking for a change, let’s talk.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, or alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Daniel Hopkins on 0800 171 000 if calling from New Zealand, +64 4 472 6558 if calling internationally or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact us in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.