- Leading global organisation
- Key quality position with growth opportunities
- Auckland location
Our client is a global leader in their field, employing hundreds of thousands of people across most of the countries in the world. They are involved in many of the products we take for granted in our daily lives. Their NZ head office is in Auckland, where this role is based, but they also have satellite sites across NZ. They operate in a fast-paced environment while maintaining the highest of customer service standards.
We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Manager with a proven background in pharmaceutical, food or dairy operations QA or similar. Reporting to the NZ Quality Manager, this key role will provide leadership and oversee the quality operations function for the business within New Zealand.
This role covers a broad base of responsibilities within its department covering a blend of strategic development, compliance awareness across the business, effective leadership of the quality operations team, and ensuring the business activities meet all quality and compliance expectations and standards.
With the company having to transcend many different levels of regulatory compliance, from Medsafe through MPI/ACVM and downwards, our client needs someone with experience in at least some of these. But more importantly, we are looking for someone with a wealth of experience in QA oversight, someone who is able to see things at the higher level and focus on continued process and compliance improvement. Just as key will be your proven ability to build, mentor and develop a team, supporting them in their own development and ensuring they have all they need to perform their jobs to the best of their ability.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a strong QA background in pharmaceuticals, medical devices, food or dairy derived sectors with experience in an operational or supply chain QA/compliance role. You will also have proven motivational and team management experience and the ability to develop and maintain strong professional business relationships with colleagues, clients, suppliers and auditing authorities. In this fast-paced environment you’ll have to balance making quick decisions with ensuring quality is not compromised.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following attributes:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Science/Technology/Engineering or similar
- 10+ years QA experience within pharmaceutical/food/dairy operations
- 5+ years experience at a QA management/supervisor level
- Proven strategic leadership experience, mentoring and developing your team
- Highly developed communication and organisational skills
- Ability to continually evaluate the quality systems and maintain complete documentation to ensure the necessary controls are in place
- Internal auditing experience
- Deliver results within tight deadlines
- Provide support and training to allocated staff on quality issues
- Liaise with suppliers on quality issues
This is an excellent opportunity to lead and develop a team with this highly regarded employer.
For a confidential enquiry or to apply for this position please click on the APPLY button or alternatively contact Tony De Barr on 04 916 0541 or email email@example.com
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.