Our client is a well-known supplier of PLC/SCADA/RTU systems and other ‘smart field’ technology, to the utilities sector. They are growing and need some help. We are looking for an experienced PLC/Controls Programmer to join their team. This role could be based in Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington or Christchurch.
The job and the person.
In brief, we are looking for a person who can talk to customers and from their ‘briefs’, design and develop PLC/RTU programs, debug and fully test your work, and even commission and troubleshoot installations.
You will need:
- A tertiary qualification in Mechatronics, Automation, Electrical, Industrial Controls or similar
- At least 5-years’ experience in PLC programming
- An excellent knowledge of IEC 61131 standards and protocols – Structured Text, Ladder Logic and the likes
- A knowledge of communication and network protocols and architecture
- A knowledge of the 3-waters and/or power utilities areas would be preferred
- Have great interpersonal skills – both in person and on the phone
You will be a creative thinker and problem solver, someone able to work independently, to travel within New Zealand (and occasionally overseas), someone with a clean, full New Zealand drivers’ license. Most of all, you will need the ability to get to know your customers, read between the lines and to develop solutions that meet their needs.
If you have good PLC/RTU programming abilities and are keen to work in a busy and growing company, let’s talk.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, or alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Daniel Hopkins on 04 282 1563 or email firstname.lastname@example.org