Please note: As New Zealand’s border remain closed for a while yet, we can only consider people living and working here currently or residents and citizens returning soon.
Whittaker’s is New Zealand’s biggest chocolate manufacturer and has been voted New Zealand’s ‘Most Trusted Brand’ for ten years running. They live by the belief that ‘best is always better’, insisting on using only the finest ingredients, the best methods, most precise machinery and needing the best people to keep making good honest chocolate.
As the company grows, new employees are joining an energetic, motivated team of people, with the goal of making the best chocolate in the world! To help with this, Whittaker’s are looking for an experienced Process Engineer to join their team.
It’s a real mix, with elements of Process Engineering, new product introduction, equipment monitoring and much more.
In particular, you will be involved in:
- Evaluating existing processes and procedures and recommending improvements
- Developing manufacturing processes for new (and existing) products from scratch
- Establishing and maintaining a manufacturing Process Control plan
- Assist with continuous improvement projects across the plant
- Be involved in producing SOP’s
There’s more, of course, but you know what’s involved.
We are looking for a person with:
- Hold a degree in Chemical/Process Engineering or similar
- A person with 5 to 7 years Process Engineering and Project Engineering experience, preferably in a high-speed or FMCG manufacturing operation
- Preferably have a working knowledge of GMP and HACCP (training would be made available)
- Experience in Project Engineering/Management
- The ability to read Engineering drawings (AutoCAD abilities would be an advantage)
- A knowledge of structured problem solving such as 8D’s (preferred)
You will be self-motivated and able to work autonomously as well as in a team environment and be able to build good working relationships, at all levels.
If you have experience in Process and Project Engineering in an FMCG plant, we’d be keen to have a chat.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, or alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Daniel Hopkins on 04 282 1563 or email firstname.lastname@example.org