Our client is a global manufacturer who need a Process Plant Operator to join their team running the manufacturing plant. This will include monitoring, controlling, and adjusting equipment to make sure the plant is functioning safely and efficiently.
- Working with other operators manning the plant 24/7, so you will work on a rotating shift roster (4 on 4 off, 2 days & 2 nights)
- Responsibility for meeting production targets
- Monitor the process and equipment, looking for problems and possible improvements and tell those who need to know
- Make adjustments to equipment to ensure it is functioning safely and efficiently
- Take samples and test: water, chemicals, & product to ensure quality control
- Record & monitor equipment readings e.g. pressure and temperature
- Arrange maintenance and repairs of equipment
- Take initiative to suggest Operational Improvements
Skills and Knowledge:
- Have at least 2 years’ hands on experience of production processes in a plant environment
- Ideally you will hold a tertiary qualification in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or similar
- Be able to show good experience in the safe handling of chemicals and hazardous substances
- Safety First Attitude, and understanding of safety regulations and procedures
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Troubleshooting ability
- Microsoft Office proficiency and ability to learn internal plant software
- Open to and able to learn quickly from Senior Operators
- Forklift license ideal
- Can work well within a team & individually
- Can work to deadlines and under pressure
We are looking for operators who understand working in high hazard processing, who can look for ways of doing things better as well as meeting existing targets. This is a permanent role where you can grow and develop your manufacturing experience as a process plant operator alongside senior operators who will help you grow into this role. The salary and benefits are competitive and will grow along with you in this challenging environment in this sought-after Tauranga location.
Please Note: We can only consider people who are in New Zealand and have residency or a work visa.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been a trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button, alternatively, for a confidential inquiry contact David Milmine by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (04 595 4102).
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz