- Stable working environment, successful nutraceutical company
- Multifunctional role – with support from management
- Strong accent on career development
- Competitive salary
About the company
Our client is a well-established NZ owned contract manufacturer of herbal and nutritional products for the local and international markets. With a recent acquisition by a new owner, their facility in Hawke’s Bay is on a new path of growth and development. They’ve already doubled the capacity of their plant this year and with new equipment coming online soon, this growth will continue through the coming years.
About the role
We are currently seeking candidates for a Production Supervisor role. But this is not your ordinary food/dairy/pharmaceuticals industry production position. We need someone keen to take the role on as a challenge, to continue to support and grow the capacity of the production team, and to be involved with new equipment installs, troubleshooting, even learn the basics of equipment maintenance. With a role like this, you won’t be bored, and with a supportive management team next to you, you’ll be developing your own skills and experience at the same time.
To suit this role, you’ll need to have had previous experience at a production supervisor level OR as a maintenance or project engineer AND have the drive and enthusiasm to learn the additional skills to cover both production and maintenance oversight. You’ll have experience in leading or supporting teams, some production, maintenance or project planning skills, and some mechanical aptitude.
Ideally, you’ll have a mix of the following:
- Production supervisor/team leader OR hands-on maintenance OR degree qualified with process/project experience
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant engineering field OR several years working hands-on with food/dairy/pharmaceutical processes
- Great organisational and communication skills
- Responsible with Health and Safety, and Quality standards
- Good production planning and manufacturing experience
- Eager to learn, enthusiastic attitude
Our client has a supportive team culture which sees very few of its team leave for new pastures. They encourage their staff to grow within the business supporting personal development and look at long term succession-planning when considering applicants. Currently the business runs on a normal Monday to Friday day operation.
- Competitive salary
- Growth within the business
- Happy and supportive working environment
- Work for a socially responsible business
How to apply
For a confidential enquiry or to apply for this position please click on the APPLY button, alternatively contact Tony De Barr on 04 916 0541, or email email@example.com
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.