Career opportunity for a hands-on Production Team Leader, with an innovative and successful NZ food manufacturer distributing globally.
- Newly created hands-on leadership role
- Well-loved and growing NZ food manufacturer
- 3 positions available for different shifts
Our client is a leading New Zealand confectionery manufacturer with an enviable position within the local and international markets, all supplied by their established manufacturing plant in the lower North Island. Running 24 hours a day, they’ve been offering high quality and delicious treats to their loyal customers for over 25 years.
The Production Team Leader roles are newly created positions, and each will look after a different static shifts (morning, afternoon, night), Monday to Friday. Reporting to the Shift Manager, these leadership roles will ensure production operating and quality targets are met and shift handovers are seamless. You will also be expected to take on food safety and quality responsibilities and work to quality guidelines including HACCP and SQF.
With leadership of a team of production operators, as a Team Leader you will provide mentoring and hands-on guidance on the production line. As such, you will be someone who works well with others, is comfortable training a team, while also having the ability to work autonomously to oversee the production lines and associated technical equipment.
In addition, you are expected to have the following skills and experience,
- 3+ year’s hands-on production leadership experience in the food manufacturing industry
- Sound understanding of quality, food, and workplace health and safety.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills with all departments and levels (operators through to senior management)
- Troubleshooting ability and attention to detail
- Negotiation skills
- Positive attitude and ability to motivate staff
This is an exciting career opportunity with an innovative and successful confectionary manufacturer with well-recognised brands. Our client offers a competitive salary in an affordable location within reach of major cities. As the business continues to grow, so will this role, offering career development.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Olivia Lawrence on email@example.com or 04 472 6558.
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.