Opportunity for a hands-on Production Team Leader, with a large and well-known meat processing company in Waikato
- Oversee a Production Team in Primary Processing
- Monday to Friday work – positions open for afternoon and night shifts
- Long-term job security with a highly regarded company
Our client is a meat processing company, with strong steady growth in NZ’s and Australia. Over the past 25 years they have expanded to be one of NZ biggest companies in their area of expertise, and currently employ over 1000 workers covering all aspects of production.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the purpose of the Production Team Leader role is to oversee Primary Processing, ensuring that quality and safety standards are met, improving efficiencies, and delivering the highest quality product to customers.
As a Production Team Lead, you will be someone who works well with others, be experienced training a team, while also having the ability to work autonomously to oversee production and processing. You must have leadership experience and food manufacturing experience and preferably meat experience.
As the successful candidate, are expected to have the following skills and experience
- Production leadership experience in the food manufacturing industry
- Experience in the meat industry is highly advantageous
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills with all departments and levels (operators through to management)
- Positive attitude and ability to motivate, train and develop staff
- Continuous improvement, planning skills
- Quality, health and safety experience
- A relevant formal qualification will be advantageous
This is an exciting and rare career opportunity with a successful NZ meat processor in the Waikato. This is a stable role with competitive pay, and positions available for either afternoon or night shift. Enjoy weekends off as this role is Monday to Friday.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant ‘APPLY’ button. For a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Olivia Lawrence on 04 916 0536 or email email@example.com
There is alos a Production Suprervisor position available – similar experience essential.