Our client is a major player in designing and building specialist and custom technical engineering industrial plant and equipment solutions. They are a well-established and growing company who provide total engineering solutions from concept through to after sales support.
With an increase in work, and many, and variable projects, they are currently looking for a Project Management Team Leader to join their Wellington team.
The role is responsible for leading, developing and supporting the projects team
Specifically, you will:
- Lead and support the project management team to grow and embed excellent project management skills and practices
- Ensure project quality, performance, and profitability
- Ensure successful management of contract variations
- Ensure project risks are identified, mitigated and/or managed
- Ensure strong relationships both internally and with clients
We are after an engineer who has experience with, and understands, technical design build projects and has strong contract management experience.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- A tertiary engineering qualification
- At least 10 years proven project management experience, preferably in industrial engineering delivering complete engineered system solutions to heavy industry clientele
- Proven contract management experience, especially working with contract variations
- Proven experience leading and managing a team
Personally, you will be a proven team leader with attention to detail who has proven experience working with clients to understand their needs through your strong relationship and communication skills.
This is predominantly an office-based project management leadership role, though you will be required to travel, both within New Zealand and overseas on occasion. You must have a NZ Passport and Driver’s Licence.
This role is with a company who specialise in the design and build of large industrial projects, who are involved in concept right through to completion to solve client’s problems. People enjoy working here and many people who have left, for whatever reason, have come back to re-join the company. There is a lot of project variation and over the years many good New Zealand engineers have started their career here.
On offer is a highly competitive salary and many additional extras and benefits, not to mention the prospect of working within a proactive organisation.
If you have the proven project management leadership experience and attitude to achieve in this role, let’s talk.
Technical Recruitment Solutions has been New Zealand’s trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Andrew Hickey 04 282 1562 firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz