- Successful NZ pharmaceutical business
- Establish strong relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Manage operations planning across the business
Our client is a New Zealand owned and operated manufacturer of pharmaceutical products. Their cGMP accredited facility, based in Auckland, manufactures a broad range of products for the local and export markets.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for all demand planning and purchasing operations for manufactured finished goods. Key responsibilities will include maintenance of the master production schedule, actively working with production to ensure optimum manufacturing potential, ensuring materials are procured to meet planned manufacture, and directly liaising with suppliers to negotiate and prices and delivery service.
You, the Candidate:
You will have previous purchasing experience within a manufacturing business, preferably food, dairy or pharmaceutical. As such you will have a blend of strong communication and interpersonal skills that will allow you to develop close relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders. You’ll be familiar with ERP systems, ideally Dynamix AX, inventory management and purchasing.
As a suitable candidate you will preferably have the following credentials:
- Tertiary qualification preferred plus some form of CPIM or APICS is even better
- 5+ years purchasing/procurement experience is essential
- Proven experience in using ERP systems to manage production planning schedules
- Supplier management and negotiating experience
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- If you’ve worked in a regulated environment such as pharmaceuticals, medical devices, dairy or food then even better
This is a great opportunity for someone with some purchasing/demand planning experience to further develop their career. In return, your client offers a competitive salary and a supportive team environment.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant APPLY button. For a confidential enquiry, contact Tony De Barr on 04 916 0541 or email email@example.com
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.