Our client is a company designing and building heavy industrial equipment for other companies across a number of different industrial sectors. Operating in a number of locations, this company is looking for a Junior Purchasing Officer to join them based in their Head Office just north of Wellington.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Involved in the purchasing of materials, supplies and services, for operations in a number of locations
- Organising freight (local and international)
- Providing support for setting up and maintaining ‘standard material information’ used by others
- Manage and keep the companies ‘Stock build’ system up to date to ensure both adequate supplies and material costs.
- Be involved in selection of suppliers
- Providing backup to the Stores team, assisting, as required, with inwards and outwards goods, etc.
As someone with Purchasing experience, you will know what’s involved.
This is an entry level role and our new Junior Purchasing Officer will be a person with good planning and organisational skills, be a self-starter and able to work on their own, be adaptable – able to change as the work environment and requirements change.
You will have previous Customer Service experience and preferably some purchasing experience, have an excellent telephoner manner and be someone with good computer skills and accuracy in data entry.
You will be a people person, able to form relationships both internally and externally, someone who can manage their own time and who is keen to keep learning.
Essentially, you will hold a full, clean NZ driver’s license and preferably a Fortlift license. Warehousing experience would be a bonus.
It’s a chance for you to start or grow your career in purchasing and to become part of a professional and growing company. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, or alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Daniel Hopkins on 04 282 1563 or email firstname.lastname@example.org